For nearly 40 years, Austin Street Center has specialized in caring for the most vulnerable homeless men and women in Dallas. Beyond meeting basic needs, Austin Street is committed to individualized care for each person who comes to us for help. Our goal is that every homeless person who comes to Austin Street Center finds hope, support, and the resources they need to transition out of homelessness.
Your role will support the mission thorough the following actions:
- Support organization with a mindset of kindness, trustworthiness, determination, and empowerment for those that we serve
- Be aware of Client(s) particular circumstances (e.g. health concerns, peak stress time, emotional difficulties, problems, etc.)
- At times require you to be resourceful and can make decisions in a timely efficient manner using the training and guidance you have been given.
- Recognize that diversity of culture, personality, and life experience are ingredients for a better world.
- Demonstrate experience with sensitivity to varying cultural, ethnic, and social backgrounds, values, and attitudes
- Communicate with Client(s) and team member(s) with a positive and willing attitude to help
- Flexibility to always learn and recover with poise and ease from setbacks.
- Understand and abide by the confidentiality standards of the organization.
- Ensure that all health and safety standards are followed and corrected when needed
- Provide a safe environment, shelter, and meet the basic needs of most vulnerable homeless
- Independently manage time with little supervision.
- Ability to multitask, handle on-site crisis and adapt to the changing needs of the clients.
- Acceptance of agency philosophies of providing hope, support and the resources needed to transition out of homelessness.
- Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients, staff, and community contacts and able to effectively address and resolve conflict as needed
- Ability to work respectfully with diverse teams, build consensus, and motivate change
With the leadership, guidance, strategic direction and close working relationship with the Chief Advancement Officer, Austin Street Center seeks an experienced, highly motivated, goal-oriented, and energetic fundraiser with a proven track record of cultivating donors, further leading to closing of gifts. The Senior Development Officer is responsible for the management of a well-coordinated, strategic plan to identify, cultivate and secure support from private foundations, corporate foundations, individual prospects. This position will work as a member of the Advancement team, leading Austin Street Center’s effort to secure annual operating and event sponsorships from an assigned portfolio, inclusive of individual, corporate and foundation prospects through strategic research, cultivation, grant preparation and implementation, and stewardship activities targeted at these entities. In concert with division colleagues, the Senior Development Officer creates, implements, and monitors strategic work plans in support of annual operating and capital funding priorities that maintain and grow revenue streams.
This role will:
- Identify, research, and build strategic partnerships with assigned portfolio, inclusive of individuals, corporations, and foundations in support of Austin Street Center’s mission, initiatives, and programs.
- Develop and maintain an annual strategic plan, including determining fundraising objectives, with an emphasis on discovery and research efforts to effectively build the prospect pipeline.
- Develop strong relationships with Program Teams to develop and maintain up-to-date subject matter knowledge and deliver a robust range of high-touch donor engagement opportunities.
- Work closely with proposal development and strategy of assigned prospects.
- Review requests for proposals and submit grant applications to private sources.
- Manage, facilitate, and supervise contributed revenue activities of renewals, prospecting, and reporting.
- Develop, manage, and evaluate a grants toolkit that can be utilized by the development team.
- Prepare reports (both internal and external) as required by funders, at the request of Austin Street Center’s leadership, or in alignment with Austin Street Center’s reporting systems and revenue goals.
- Monitor grant awards including grant agreements, reporting, and compliance requirements.
- Conduct stewardship and cultivation activities to build, maintain, and strengthen relationships with funders.
- Maintain timely and necessary database records, files, reports, and resource materials pertinent to government and foundation activities within Raiser’s Edge.
- Create and maintain systems that promote good working relationships with program staff to ensure clear and timely communication for grant proposal development and/or reporting requirements.
- Assist the Chief Advancement Officer and entire development team on special projects and events as they are identified.
Skills / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Goal-oriented and committed to non-profit philosophy.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written.
- Competitive fundraising experience with a demonstrated ability to write successful grant proposals and proposals that utilize logic models and evaluation plans.
- Comfort interacting with high net-worth individuals and families.
- Demonstrate flexibility in working together as a team member for the common goals of Austin Street Center, including tasks outside of this job description.
- Demonstrates adaptability to performing a variety of duties, occasionally changing from one task to another of a different nature with minimal loss of efficiency or composure.
- Keen attention to detail and strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to multitask and work within strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office & Raiser’s Edge.