For more than 38 years, Austin Street Center has specialized in caring for the most vulnerable homeless men and women in Dallas. Beyond meeting basic needs, Austin Street is committed to individualized care for each person who comes to us for help. Our goal is that every homeless person who comes to Austin Street Center finds hope, support, and the resources they need to transition out of homelessness.
Your role will support the mission thorough the following actions:
- Support organization with a mindset of kindness, trustworthiness, determination, and empowerment for those that we serve
- Be aware of Client(s) particular circumstances (e.g. health concerns, peak stress time, emotional difficulties, problems, etc.)
- At times require you to be resourceful and can make decisions in a timely efficient manner using the training and guidance you have been given.
- Recognize that diversity of culture, personality, and life experience are ingredients for a better world.
- Demonstrate experience with sensitivity to varying cultural, ethnic, and social backgrounds, values, and attitudes
- Communicate with Client(s) and team member(s) with a positive and willing attitude to help
- Flexibility to always learn and recover with poise and ease from setbacks.
- Understand and abide by the confidentiality standards of the organization.
- Ensure that all health and safety standards are followed and corrected when needed
- Provide a safe environment, shelter, and meet the basic needs of most vulnerable homeless
- Independently manage time with little supervision.
- Ability to multitask, handle on-site crisis and adapt to the changing needs of the clients.
- Acceptance of agency philosophies of providing hope, support and the resources needed to transition out of homelessness.
- Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients, staff, and community contacts and able to effectively address and resolve conflict as needed
- Ability to work respectfully with diverse teams, build consensus, and motivate change
The Special Events Manager is responsible for planning and executing operational logistics for Austin Street Center’s signature fundraising events, including our flagship annual fundraiser, The Humble Beginnings Luncheon, as well as other elect public events for Austin Street Center, as needed. The successful candidate will be an experienced decision-maker who is well-versed in event logistics and execution. This individual will also interact confidently and independently with board members, major donors, and internal stakeholders. The candidate will be required to provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional, and be able to build relationships with internal and external partners alike.
This role will:
- Oversee the planning, administration, and implementation of fundraising events, donor cultivation and stewardship events, and select public events, as needed.
- Work collaboratively with event fundraising chairs, volunteers, and staff fundraisers to raise maximum event revenues and deepen relationships for Austin Street Center.
- Develop an annual plan for events with the Chief Advancement Officer, with input from other team members.
- Make recommendations and implement appropriate cultivation and stewardship opportunities for donors, and other constituencies.
- Works closely with the Advancement Communications team in the development of design, production, and distribution of invitations, signage, and other promotional materials.
- Develops income and expense budget planning and reconciliation; ensure timely and agreed upon deliverables such as F&B/rentals/décor/parking/AV/lighting/security/etc.; and ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices.
- Manage on-site production to ensure smooth execution of events, including trouble shooting and clean up. necessary documentation regarding event set-up to the appropriate entities.
- Create and adhere to project budgets and timelines for events. Monitor progress of registration, ticket sales, and income goals and adjust plans as appropriate.
- Solicit in-kind donations for auction items; coordinate and manage operation of both live and silent auctions and raffles for fundraising events as appropriate.
- Assist with securing financial resources for events by soliciting sponsors/underwriters.
- Manage event committees to ensure that members are supported and accomplish tasks required for successful events. This includes developing goals and objectives for committees, facilitating meetings, and leading those committees towards successfully completing the established goals and objectives.
- Manage and oversee all on-site event logistics, volunteers, and vendors.
- Ensure event information is captured and accurate in Raiser’s Edge.
Skills / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Goal-oriented and committed to non-profit philosophy.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written.
- Competitive fundraising experience with a demonstrated ability to write successful grant proposals and proposals that utilize logic models and evaluation plans.
- Comfort interacting with high net-worth individuals and families
- Demonstrate flexibility in working together as a team member for the common goals of Austin Street Center, including tasks outside of this job description.
- Demonstrates adaptability to performing a variety of duties, occasionally changing from one task to another of a different nature with minimal loss of efficiency or composure.
- Keen attention to detail and strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to multitask and work within strict deadlines.